Can Using Fish Oil Help My Anxiety?
Fish oil is a popular natural remedy with immense health benefits and negligible side effects. Researchers are still exploring the spectacular mental and physical pros of fish oil. According to several studies, fish oil has proved to be highly suitable for curing psychic issues like anxiety disorders and depression ailments. With regular and quality fish oil supplements, patients have reported a substantial decline in the symptoms and intensity of anxiety.
Undoubtedly, anxiety is a burning mental ailment of the global community. Youngsters and the female population are getting mercilessly afflicted with the consequences of anxiety attacks. Allopathic medicines and herbal treatments like Ashwagandha and St. John’s Wort are common forms of curing practices.
Likewise, fish oil has provided pretty ease to people in managing stress and anxiety. It is extracted from the tissues of fish like salmon and cod. Large fish more preferred because they are rich in algae content and Omega-3 acids. The Omega-3 acid dosage is unsaturated fat, which reduces cholesterol levels in the body and lowers the risk of heart illnesses.
How fIsh oil reduces anxiety?
Amygdala is a chemical structure in the brain that triggers anxiety and fearful thoughts. It also directly affects the dopamine level in the brain, which induces stress and anxious feelings in the mind. Fish oil regulates dopamine level, which in return normalize the behavior of Amygdala. It also increases serotonin in the body which is responsible for regulating different moods in the person. It curtails the presence of negative thoughts. Researchers and doctors recommend to ingest wild, fresh, and large fish for Omega-3 acids rather than relying on synthetic supplements.
Several brands are selling good quality and effective supplements of fish oil in the form of capsules, liquid, and tablets. Common market names are Salmon oil, Nordic oil, Krill oil, Cod liver to mention a few. It is suggested to purchase fish oil supplements which contain ingredients like Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) as these are the most efficacious forms of Omega-3 acids.
- It regulates blood supply in the body,
- It improves the pumping conditions of the heart and protects it from lethal diseases.
- A natural extract which reduces inflammation rate in the body.
- It protects against harmful skin diseases like Psoriasis.
- This natural remedy controls blood pressure and blood sugar.
- It promotes the quantity of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in the body.
- The supplements help in treating diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Some patients have reported an increase in low-density lipoprotein, aka bad cholesterol after the regular intake of fish oil capsules.
- An excessive dosage of fish oil can reduce Vitamin E in the body.
- It may react with contraceptive interventions.
- Consuming fish oil tablets with other herbs, Anticoagulants, and medicines can reduce blood clotting.
- A consumer might encounter diarrhea seasons, excessive gas in the stomach, nausea, skin allergies, odor breathing, and choked digestion.
It is vital to be highly cautious when buying or ingesting any fish oil capsules because some of the people are allergic to it. Some of the fish are high in mercury content, which is once again alarming for the health. It is always a safe idea to get help from an experienced pharmacist, health care practitioner, or doctor.